This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot find installer for program

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been trying to find the installer for a program I have. The company told me to do the following" C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\hallmark I put the name of my PC in place of the "username" but it says it cannot find the file. I am trying to put a program on a disk and need to find the installer file. Thanks.
i'd be surprised if it was there. what is the name of the program your trying to find the installer of and where did you originally get it, also what operating system (os) are you using? eg. win7, win8 usually any new programs you install are downloaded by you and the installer itself is usually stored in your downloads folder. when you run it the actual program and it's executable files are then installed somewhere else usually somewhere like c:\program files the location you've been told is where i'd expect any data the program actually uses to be located and not the location of the program itself or it's installer exe file. of course i may be totally wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. :rofl: with the info i've asked for tho i will be able to do some digging and see if i can't find the solution to your problem. curious tho why do you need/want to copy the installer file onto a disc, usually it's the data we need to backup and not a programs installer that we can usually always get again from somewhere to re-install the program unlike the data itself? :popcorn:
The program is "Hallmark Card Studio 2013". I have windows 8. I tried to download the program on to a disk but it wouldn't let me. It was a downloaded program and I want a disk in case I need to reinstall it. I don't know if I could get the program again from the company if I needed it. The Hallmark tech support said it would be in the file I gave you. Thanks.
sorry pati i'm unable to find the info you require, from my understanding you choose where you want to save the download installer. i'd download it again but this time make sure you note where your browser saves it, if your unable to download it again then i'd contact their support again and explain things so they allow you to download it once more. :popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI