This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

advrcntr2.dll problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I downloaded nero 8 but ran into problems so unistalled it. I've since tried to use windows DVDmaker but this keeps poping up to stop me

This Program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system


I was told to download this advrcntr2 and put it in the "system32" file and then into the system file which seemed to have removed the problem last night but it's started again today. It seems fine on the admin account just not mine.

Any ideas?
hello Leemo,
haven't experienced it but i found similar issue. program requires the file advrcntr2.dll...

GOOD NEWS! The error message This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll is very much misleading. I even copied this file to several folders, and it did not make any difference. The solution is to play around with the source and destination drives (make sure the correct ones are selected) - THIS DID SOLVE THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY. So, it really had nothing to do with the "missing" file advrcntr2.dll. Quite simple. Good luck.


here's a promising one. by aradhana(link)

How to remove the problem
Down load the all clean tool from Nero and save it.
http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/General_CleanTool.html
Open control panel/add-remove program and delete all Nero applications.
Run Nero cleanTool twice.( select all options to remove)
then exit.
Restart the computer.
Reinstall the Nero software.
Restart the computer.
Now you will see everything works fine.
Please write me back for more comments.
I learned lot of lessons from this problem.


Best of lucK

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI