This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Burn program to a cd

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have no idea where to post this question. If this is the wrong place, please tell me where to post it. I want to copy or burn a program to a cd. The people of the program said copy the .exe file to a disk. I cannot figure out how to do it. I have windows 8. When I tried to copy it I did get a screen that said: 📎burn_Hallmark.PNG But I don't know what to do to get it on the disk. I have a DVD-R disk Can you help? Thanks.
HI Patti I will try to assist you with this. I myself do not like the built in burning program in Windows and honestly have not used it in years. I use a little free program named CDBurnXP on my Windows 8 with no problems at all. According to the page HERE:

Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008/Win7/Win8 (x86 / x64)


It is very easy to use and fairly quick in the burning process.You can download it from the above link and this link HERE has plenty of screenshots to help. Please let me know if this helps you faster and easier then the built in program.
It did not work for me. I am using a DVD-R disk. At first it takes me to the WD page in Windows 8 and says it needs an app - which I couldn't find. Then I clicked on the back arrow by the URL bar and it allowed me to go back to the burn program and allowed me to continue. But after a few seconds of what I thought was burning, it gave me this error: 📎burning_error.PNG I would like to be able to burn disks. It used to be so easy when I had windows xp. I do hope you can help. Thanks
Are you still having problems with your issue? It has been 30 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved? If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue. If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI