This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

DLL error [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Patti

I don't know which version of AVG you installed but some versions have compatibility issues with Windows 8.

If it is AVG 2012, I suggest you install AVG 2013 which will install over 2012..

You could also try the AVG removal tool.

NOTE: Don't uninstall AVG completely unless you have another antivirus downloaded and ready to install.

==============================

With regard to the "conduit" entry, let's see if this will get rid of it:

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
  • run AdwCleaner and select Delete
  • when it has finished it will ask to reboot - allow the reboot
  • on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply
Satchfan
I did a refresh on my computer which i will NEVER do again. I lost so much. Right now i am trying to gt my bookmarks back and had to reinstall macrium reflect and cannot find "bookmarks" on it. I think all my backups are lost.
Please let me know if you still have the same problem as in your first post, (TBVerifier.dll): if not, this becomes a problem for the Windows forum.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI