This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

laptop shut down even I cleaned it

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello guys, I really do need your help, I have a asus laptop A42J running windows 7 64bit, I have been using it for about 3 years, it is still good for web browsing but each time I play game, for about 15 minutes, it will shut down itself even I did clean the fan, the heat sink, and applied new thermal paste, but the problem still occurs :( I wonder what's happening
Hi evenBetter, 1 Does it shut down when you are just surfing (not gaming?) 2 The first suspect is overheating causing the thermal sensor to trigger a system shutdown to prevent further damage ….. 3 What temps have you recorded just before the shutdown happens? Regards paws

Hi evenBetter,
1 Does it shut down when you are just surfing (not gaming?)
2 The first suspect is overheating causing the thermal sensor to trigger a system shutdown to prevent further damage …..
3 What temps have you recorded just before the shutdown happens?
Regards
paws

Hello paws
1 it does not shut down when im surfing the web
2 I have cleaned it and applied new thermal
3 I have no record, but it's just warm
Hello paw The normal temp is 55, and before it cuts down is 79 while Im playing dota 2
Hi evenBetter

are those temps in degrees Celsius? if so then the 55 is Ok but the 79 is too hot….

Make sure you have done a complete clean and that your video card is clean and heatsinks working OK
check that your fans are doing the job and are orientated correctly so that the machine is being properly cooled and that ambient temp in your room are as cool as possible…

See here for typical temps with various set ups… you should aim to have temps around 30 degrees C less than the maxima shown.

http://www.technibble.com/what-is-my-compu…pu-temperature/


A desk fan directed at the computer may also help….
Regards

paws
Hi paws the degree is in Celsius, and yes, I have done a complete clean and the fan is doing its job, even I can hear the sound of the fan spinning fast in the laptop, while I was playing dota 2, the air-con was running and the desk fan as well, but it still shut down. How can I get the temp around 30, especially while I am playing game, it generates a lot of heat. By the way, thank you for your reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI