This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Unexpected shutdowns

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, my computer has started shutting down as if you unplugged it. I recently got spyware,trojan etc and ended up formatting and putting a clean install of vista. Then while playing world of warcraft about 5 to 20mins playing computer cuts out. Things Ive tried include: Cleaning case with air compressor (ALOT of dust) seem to last longer but problem still persists Running scans with norton,superanti spyware and malwarebytes Removing newly installed hardrive (I installed an IDE after clean install) And finally punching it… Computer is only 7months old: Vista 64 Intel quad core q9550 4.00 Gig cosiar ram Gefore 260 GTX Asus p4n-d board 1000W coolermaster PSU to handle all that Speed fan doesent report anything to hot, dont think its that because Ive used the computer for 7months without the prob. PSU is good make and fairly new but it only seems to do it while gaming. Can someone have alook at my hijackthis before I source new parts (If its a hardware prob) :S Thanks Rem
Hi RGT,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

I can't download your attached HijackThis log. Please do the following:

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
    • DDS.scr
    • DDS.pif
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.

Hi RGT,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

I can't download your attached HijackThis log. Please do the following:

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
    • DDS.scr
    • DDS.pif
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.



Hi Tomk!

Allow me to update.

Its taken me awhile to find this website again because it was saved in my favourits and due to things getting worse with the malware,spyware etc I put a clean install of windows and reinstalled my drivers and norton.

So far everything is in order, No attacks, full scans picking up only tracking cookies, no alarms BUT
My computer framerate on world of warcraft is low and some games will shut my computer off like before. (As If I unpluged the power)

Before this happened world of warcraft would run high fps but now its as low as 5 sometimes.

Seems do it on parts of the a game that I would of thought would put strain on the graphics card.

Anyways I disabled norton and downloaded the file then realized it doesnt support my operating system :S

I have Vista 64bit

My graphics card has the latest drivers and i properly installed them, Wouldnt say im a programmer but Im fairly good with computers. :)

Thanks for you response

Rem
RGT,

I have Vista 64bit

Aargh… :smack: yeah. You made that perfectly clear. I guess it would be good if I could read. :blush:

This is not sounding like a malware problem. It could be a graphics or memory problem but I'm not qualified to help you with that. I suggest you post in the hardware forum and let the Tech Team help you sort this out.

Make sense to you?

RGT,

I have Vista 64bit

Aargh… :smack: yeah. You made that perfectly clear. I guess it would be good if I could read. :blush:

This is not sounding like a malware problem. It could be a graphics or memory problem but I'm not qualified to help you with that. I suggest you post in the hardware forum and let the Tech Team help you sort this out.

Make sense to you?


:blush: Ok tomk, thanks for your time. :)
RGT, Cool. We've got a really top notch Tech Team here and I suspect that some of them will be able to help. Good Luck and Be Well. :thumbup:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI