This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows XP issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Guys – How can I make my computer shut down? It just sits there looking at me. I know it's trying to shut down because when I they to use IE I get a message that says IE won't initialize becuase the window station is shutting down. Anyone have any idea what this may be? And what I can do to fix it? Thanks Additional edit: I just discovered that I can shutdown using Ctrl-Alt-Del and selecting the menu option to shut down. I'd like to recover the option to shut down via the start button. It seems like the shut down is hanging.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI