Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 7 not responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tucker

Tucker

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

I have not been here for awhile, which indicates my notebook has been healthy until now. Xpsp3,and preferred user of IE7 with 2 gigs of RAM. Just yesterday my IE 7 started to hang after browsing awhile and I would have to try to close it with Task Manager and even that would not work all of the time and so I would be forced to Power Off. I have checked for bugs etc. and have not added any new programs. I also have an issue now with the notebook not wanting to shut down. It reboots itself after 'logoff'? I have been googling all morning and trying to figure out what to do and have tried some suggestions and have found no solution yet. I don't know if this is coincidental that I can no longer turn off my computer normally but actually have to use the power off button which I don't like to do. I look forward to experienced comments, thank you. BTW, I am not with great tech expertise. Thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hey Tucker,

Might be an idea to head over to the Malware forum to see if you're infected :

http://forums.whatth...hp?showforum=27

If you get the all clear, post back and we'll see whether we can help.

Cheers,
Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#3 Tucker

Tucker

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Thx for the reply. Just got back to using the notebook...Acer TravelMate 2480 - 2153 and found that simply gently pulling the lid to close the notebook after the logoff when the black screen appears causes the notebook to reboot?
I forgot to mention that the notebook has been checked out for malware etc. XPsp3,2gigs.
Any comments?
Thankyou.

Edit: Deleted triplicate posts.

Edited by Ztruker, 15 September 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Loose cable between the display and the laptop body or some other loose component? Can't think of anything else it could be.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown