This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

blocking user from using internet explore

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

one of my computers is running WindowsXP Pro, and I am trying to stop a user from using ie. So far I have setup a non-administrator user account and I have blocked ie from opening in the group policy editor. I have also tested to make sure that the block is working. I tried opening ie from its shortcut, through its program folder location, and even tried running it as an administrator. After doing this test, all tries were successfully blocked. however, this guy was still able to open ie. did I miss something? How is this possible?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI