This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with Windows 8, BSoD

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there. This seems like a really cool and helpful forum so I'll give it a try! I've got a new computer, bought from a known website that builds computers about a week ago. This computer is running with windows 8 64bit. I've called their support, and they are telling me they can't help me on the phone, which means I have to send it to them, but I do not want to do that unless it's completely necessary. (I really don't want to be without a computer for weeks). Before I begin I want to make it clear that I have a very limited amount of knowledge of computers, so I might miss some information. The problem is since I've got the computer it has been running into problems causing windows to stop running, causing blue screens. All the information i've gathered is pointing to driver fault. These blue screens almost always happen when I install a new driver. Some drivers can be installed, for instance the newest Nvidia 680 graphic card driver, others, such as logitech headset drivers causes windows to blue screen upon installation. Same thing goes with windows update, when I let this install new updates windows blue screens, which is why I've disabled it for now. The crashes have not always been the same either. Sometimes its possible to just restart the computer, sometimes I've been forced to do a complete reinstallation of windows because after the boot menu the screen starts to "blink", in two different shades of black. Here are two different messages I managed to write down before the computer restarted when windows gave me an error that said that windows had encountered a major problem: Driver_page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool Win32k.(sys? I think it was .sys). And: Driver_Verifier_Iomanager_Violation (HIDCLASS.sys) shbecr.sys Hardware: Intel® Core i7-3820 Processor Socket-LGA2011, Quad Core, 3.6GHz, 10MB, 130W, Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz 16GB 8GB 2Rx8 1G x 64-Bit x 2, DDR3-1600, CL10, 240-Pin DIMM Kit Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Seagate Barracuda® 2TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5" Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you so much!
to be honest in my opinion you'd be better off sending it back, because from what you've said your problems seem to stem from different drivers this to me suggests there may be an underlying hardware problem that i doubt is fixable by you. yes it's a pain but your always better off sending a new machine back for replacement or refund, NOT a fix, especially if you've only had it a week or so, if there are any problems at all. early problems usually don't bode well for the long term reliability of the machine and the longer you've owned it then the more likely it is you'll legally only be able to ask for a fix and not a new one or a full refund and why i always suggest returning new machines with problems rather than trying to fix the problem yourself. :popcorn: nice machine by the way. :D
I agree with Terry. You should not be having this problem and you don't want to do something that will allow the vendor to void your warranty.
Alright. Thanks for the very quick responses! I really do appreciate your help and I'll do what you say. Once again thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI