This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

BSOD EROR--WINDOWS 7--Please HELP ;_;

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a 5 month old computer, and I I'm quite happy with it! Sadly though, I've been getting frequent visits from my old friend, BSOD. I'm praying that it's not my hardware, GOD PLEASE not my hardware. I really don't want to call my computer manufacture.. I hear their customer service is in the Philippines or Taiwan; That will be a lot of FUN! The crashes have been logged somewhere in my computer–they're there if needed. I really want to figure out what's causing these blue screen's, so any help would be Greatly appreciated.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. If you let us know: 1 the exact make and model number of your computer, 2 and also copy down accurately the full wording of the BSOD and post it here then someone will be able to make a start on researching the problem for you. 3 It would be helpful also to know the date that the BSOD started 4 and if you have installed any software (including Windows Updates or made hardware changes at that time. 5 We also need to know when the BSOD happens…can you tie it down to a particular action, does it for example happen immediiately upon start up? or after 5 minutes or 1 hour or when you watch a DVD or…….etc The more information you can supply the more likely it is that a member will recognise the problem….. and offer a plan to assist or even a solution….. Regards paws

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.
If you let us know:
1 the exact make and model number of your computer,
2 and also copy down accurately the full wording of the BSOD and post it here then someone will be able to make a start on researching the problem for you.
3 It would be helpful also to know the date that the BSOD started
4 and if you have installed any software (including Windows Updates or made hardware changes at that time.
5 We also need to know when the BSOD happens…can you tie it down to a particular action, does it for example happen immediiately upon start up? or after 5 minutes or 1 hour or when you watch a DVD or…….etc
The more information you can supply the more likely it is that a member will recognise the problem….. and offer a plan to assist or even a solution…..
Regards
paws


1.The model number is: ET1331G by eMachines.

2.I didn't write down the wording of the BSOD, as the computer said it archived them, and it did, as .dmp files. I don't know how to open those up and see what's in it though(i will post those files in a .zip file or something if asked.)

3. The date? Hmm.. Maybe a few months back i got my first one, i didn't pay much mind to it.

4.I have installed software. oh, and, my computer came with windows updates… It's always installing updates automatically, so i have no idea if that's the problem. As for hardware, no, everything is bone-stock.

5.Well at first it would happen when i went into full screen mode, i noticed that it did, so i stopped doing that and everything was OK! Now it does them randomly… I could be 3 hours in listening to a song, or starring at my desktop wallpaper. It's never really as soon as i start my computer or anything like that, it takes a while, or maybe i'm doing a certain thing to set it off, i'm not sure. The
Hi, Ok, Next time you get the BDOD… capture the details…..and post them back here, and we will take it from there. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI