This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Issues with Programs/Websites Loading

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I have recently purchased a new Lenovo Laptop and had not installed any security software on the computer yet. Well something must have got on there and I started receiving tons of pop ups as well as slow response time and possible viruses. I took the time and downloaded Malwarebytes and also Super Anti Spyware…..I also downloaded AVG….All programs found issues after running scans and I was able to remove the threats. Since I have completed those tasks…the pop ups have pretty much disappeared as well as my load time has improved….My issue now that I am having is that certain web pages are not fully loading and I am also having problems with applications and downloaded things not loading. The other day I downloaded Skype to talk with relatives….Took a while to load with all the issues I was having but in the end…worked. Now I have gotten rid of all those potential threats and went to use Skype last night and nothing loaded. I even tried accessing Skype via a downloaded App in the Windows 8 store and it still would not load. Hoping you can help fix the problem so I can get back to normal use. Thanks!
Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender which is a pretty good anti-virus program. If the laptop is still fairly new, why not restore it to factory new state and start over?
Lenovo has a button you can push to get into the recovery process. What is the model number of the laptop. Hopefully we can find the users guide on the Lenovo web site and it will say how to do a recovery to factory.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI