Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

) : My laptop Internet won't start, and I have a virus, but don

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sydney

Sydney

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi. ( : I received my laptop from a family member a couple Christmas' ago, and just always assumed that they had some kind of program to remove any virus that might try to attack the computer. Recently, to my horror, I realized that I was completely dumb in assuming that. I now have a virus, and to make matters worse my Internet won't start so I have no way of downloading anything to help get rid of the virus. When I log onto my computer everything seems alright for a couple minutes and then I'll get about 50 pop-ups from, I have no idea where, and then I'll have an anti-virus program tell me that I am majorly infected and will tell me to download, and buy the program to make it go away. I'm more than willing to, but when I click the link it says that my internet won't start. I tried a few suggestions that was given to others on this site, and other various websites on the web, but nothing seems to work. I'd appreciate any help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Hi Sydney, Posted Image

I don't know if you can access this link, but try and follow the information for New Members.

Are you posting this thread on the offending computer, or on a friends system? If you are on the offending computer, you maybe able to follow the link above.

kind regards,

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hi Sydney,

then I'll have an anti-virus program tell me that I am majorly infected and will tell me to download, and buy the program to make it go away. I'm more than willing to,

In addition to tallin's excellent advice its best that you do not click on the message indicated above as it is likely that this is part of the infection itself (not a cure) and in the event of clicking on it you could introduce more malicious pieces of code into your machine. (These malware writers are very sneaky!)

Your best course of action is to follow the link given in tallin's response; and if your internet is still not working, using a different computer to download the HJT installer and then transferring it via flash drive to your compromised machine and then running the tool, saving a log file, copying it to the flash drive, transferring it to the working computer in order to post the log In the correct forum (not here please!)
Good luck,
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate