This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Right alt and left alt dont do the same thing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Title explains my problem in a nutshell. So, (before today), when I used left alt + 0233, I'd get "é." Now, when I use left alt + 0233, I get "Ú" which tells me that left alt and zero have stopped working together, for some reason. The regular alt-codes still work with my right alt button, however (right alt + 0233 still gives me "é") It was never like this before, And if anyone could help that would be great.
Sorry about wasting your time. I've just solved the problem. I'm still hitting myself over how bloody stupid I was for noticing what was wrong before My F12 button was stuck. Please lock the thread.

I'm still hitting myself over how bloody stupid I was for noticing what was wrong before

My F12 button was stuck.

I don't think you should feel stupid at all. A sticky F12 key is not something I would think to look for. And :thumbup: for coming back and posting what the problem was. I use ASCII key codes all the time for things like 45°C, µATX, 10Ω, or £100 and while I usually use the just the left alt key, I will keep "sticky keys" in mind if I don't get the symbols or characters I expect. Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI