This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New Sony Vaio vgp-bps22 battery not working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello All, I bought a new VGP-BPS22 sony battery 3500 mah/39 wh and it doesnt seem to be charging. I had exactly same battery before I replaced with the new one. Funny thing is when i put the new battery first time it charged till 100% in 1-2 hours of time and then second day onwards it got stuck to max 30% charging and now its not charging at all(Stuck to 0%). Another thing which i noted if I uninstall and install 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery' from device manager battery seem to charge for 10 seconds and then stop again. Same thing happens at the time of system booting..it charges only for 10 seconds and then it stop. I have reset BIOS and taken out battery/booting/rebooting system couple of times and it doesnt seem to solve my problem. I am using window 7 ultimate. Any help would be great!
Sounds like a bad battery. I would ask for my money back or exchange it. Beware, Sony does attempt to get you to use only Sony batteries and has installed software on your computer that will literally shut the computer down and not let you use it if the battery is not recognized.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI