This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Bad Battery

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I have an HP pavilion dv 6653 cl. The genuine battery lasted for about a couple of years. Then I bought a replacement about 6 months ago. It ran well till a month ago, when it would suddenly turn off when I unplugged the charger. It showed 49 % charging in the status. The battery icon is static but sometimes it will move for about 10 seconds then goes back to being static again (which makes me think if theres any juice left in the battery?) Also every week or so it moves down by 1 % . after 1st wekk 49 % charging - then after 2nd week 48 % charging , then 47 % charging . Could this be related to the BIOS in anyway, Please suggest how I can fix it. Many thanks.
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forum. Sorry to hear of the problem with your battery. It sounds like a failing battery to me…..can you try your machine with a new battery and see if this fixes it? These machines usually run just fine with the battery removed and the power cable connected……. run it like that fo a few minutes then plug in the battery and see if the charge is "refreshed." If the replacement battery (the one I think is failing) is still under guarantee or covered by the consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction then its worth contacting the supplier for a replacement Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI