Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Conflict between 32 and 64 bit IE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Barbarus

Barbarus

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit HP Pavilion p7-1039 with 8G RAM and 1.5T disk. It came with IE 8 but it had both the 32 and 64 bit versions. I usually used the 64 bit version but some sites didn't work and I could access them with the 32 bit version. In updating things like Java and Flash I used the 64 bit version if one was available. I used windows update to update to IE 9 and all continued to work, though I still had to use both versions at different sites. Mostly certain videos would play on one or the other but not both. Windows Update recently recommended updating to IE 10 and I did so. Afterward, the 64 bit version of IE was not findable (I verified this using the help ... about screen) and there were clearly conflicts, I assume with 64 bit add ins. I used the control panel to roll back to IE 9 and both the 32 and 64 bit versions are back, but I cannot use Java in either version (Java update says it was successful but the page for testing Java says it cannot verify my installation). I removed Java and reinstalled in the 64 bit IE, the Java page indicated it was installing the 64 bit version of Java. I went to the NIST time site which is a Java page and the time box just has the "X" in the corner. I went into the Java control panel, on the Java tab the "view" button is grayed out and when I hover over it I get a pop up that says Java in the browser is disabled even though in the internet security tabs "enable Java scripting" is marked enabled for all the zones. I can't find any instructions on cleaning this up. Please help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove