Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

why, why, why won't java work in IE8?! Need fix by Sept 9th fo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suzannaski

suzannaski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

:pullhair: I have tried every possible fix for getting java to run in IE8: I ran the MS website autofix, which told me nothing was wrong (even though video freezes IE) and then I reset all my IE settings, then I read the post here at WTT to uninstall java and run fixjava.bat then reinstall java offline so I did that, but STILL when I go to Control Panel->Java->Advanced->browsers, I can't click the box for IE because it is grayed out. Some other idiot website said to just use Mozilla. That's the stupidest answer I ever heard; it's like telling someone with car trouble to just use a different car. I need help ASAP because my online class starts in a few days, and it requires java.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=104537

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 suzannaski

suzannaski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

I stated in my post that I already followed those instructions to no avail. I don't get those error messages, either.

#4 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

I stated in my post that I already followed those instructions to no avail. I don't get those error messages, either.

Sorry about that.
Have you tried uninstalling IE8 and then re-install?

#5 suzannaski

suzannaski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

What I did was go to the MS website and use their autofix program. It told me nothing was wrong. (Kinda reminds me of communist Russian style denial "we don't have problem.") BUT- I re-read the post that you linked to, which discussed going through the registry to take out entries that might cause a problem, so I did backup and then I uninstalled java again,then did a search for anything that contained "java" and then deleted those folders. After that, I did a search in the registry for "java" then took out any entry that pointed to the java program folders, being careful to not delete any java entries that were for other programs pointing to java. I'm sure I'll find out if I took too much, but thankfully I have a backup. I'm nowhere near as methodical or throrough as you guys, so I hope nobody tries to repeat what I did. After doing all that, I reinstalled java offline, and Voila! it works. Now I can relax. Once again, WTT to the rescue, even if it was indirect :) ps- I can't express how much I regret updating from IE7 to IE8.

Edited by suzannaski, 06 September 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#6 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

Glad you got it fixed :popcorn: