I am at my wits end. My Gateway, windows 7, keeps waking up at either 3 am or 5 am. Last night it woke up several times between 3 and 5. I've turned off all devices that can wake it up, and when it wakes up its not because of updates or anything like that.
I thin my computer is out for me; what can I do?
If you want to stay in sleep mode option, find out what causes the PC to wake up.
One way to find out what is causing a wake-up problem is provided by the command line. Open a command prompt with elevated privileges and enter this command:
powercfg –lastwake (note the space).
The last device that woke up the system will be shown
To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
Description: USB Root Hub
Standard USB Host Controller
And the only things that can wake up my computer (says the prompt) are my keyboard and mouse, and I know I turned off those privileges to my mouse the other day.
Also, this is the first time the command prompt worked for me. Let me double check and see whats up. Thanks!
I know, I know, that is what my partner says. "Put your office in the bedroom" he say. It'll be fun he says! Now he is moaning and groaning about the light. Too many important tabs.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI