This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer turns itself on

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Windows 98 and my computer turns itelf on everyday at exactly 2:00 pm. I went into BIOS, but could not find anything on computer waking itself up and was tentative to change anything in there. I disabled task scheduler and scheduling agent. I went back to BIOS and went to Power Management. There were five headings. The first was "Power Management Support" and enabled was selected with disabled being the only other choice. The second was "Fan Always On" with no being selected and yes being the other choice. The third was "IDE Drive Power Down" with enabled selected and disabled the other choice. The fourth was "VESA Video Power Down" with suspend selected and disabled, stand by, and sleep the other choices. The last one was "Power Button Behavior" with on/off selected and sleep/wake the other option. I searched every other subheading for "Wake on …." and could not find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI