Alright, I don't know what's going on other than when my computer sleeps due to idle when I wake it up it will freeze. I use windows seven. The mouse will move, but it fails to interact with anything on screen. Often times I will go cntr alt delete, which still functions but it wont shut down from there.. the screen will go black like and it'll continue to hum like it's processing a task. I think I may have been hijacked but I don't know. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Otherwise the computer seems to function properly.
Sorry for the delay in replying. My name is Blottedisk, I'll be happy to assist you with all your malware problems you have on your computer. Solving any malware-related problem may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine. Before we start fixing your computer, there are a few points you need to know:
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then the thread will be locked due to inactivity. However, if you will be away, let us know and we will be sure to keep the thread open.
Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.. Please don't start a new topic, but reply on this one.
I suggest you update your profile to show your current operative system: Windows 7. In the upper right corner click "My Controls" and then in the left panel menu click "Edit Profile Information". Perform the necessary changes, and when finished press the "Amend my Profile" button.
Malware Logs can sometimes take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
If you don't understand something, please ask! If you find any new problems and/or details, please post them!
Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process. Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. Do not use the comptuer exept for downloading tools and checking this topic
Please be aware that I am still in training, and all of my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advice. This may cause a delay in response time, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Remember: absence of symptoms does not mean your computer is clean.
Reply to this topic until I say your computer is clean. Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me! I did a recovery install of windows 7 and everything is working great. You can close this thread. Thanks anyway though, for real. You've all been a great help in the past as well. Keep up the good work. I'll donate when I can.