I just got on the computer this morning and this is what it looked like. I can't get it pulled down anymore and I have over 200 emails. I made sure yahoo mail was my homepage. I can't do a backup and restore because it says it can't find where to backup. And I tried rebooting. Any other ideas?📎Capture2.JPG
I should also say when I opened my computer yahoo mail was not my home page.
The two things I did were try to download adobe flash and picmonkey which I used before, a photo program
This is the picture I got when I first logged in today.📎Capture4.JPG
I tried to install adobe flash player yesterday or the day before and it wouldn't install, I wonder if that is part of the problem. It says I had to install it to see pics of grandkids
If anyone wrote me, there is nothing on this page or anything on mine. One thing that I did. I have a nexus 7 and they were connected. I removed yahoo from there in order to send it in for repair. I haven't sent it yet. I opened it up and it showed the same thing - but can it have something to do with the nexus?
Also at the top of the page at the toolbar, all the tabs related to yahoo keep spinning and spinning.
I sure hope someone can help this, I have emails lower down that I need to act on.
and I ran all the spyware I have and there wasn't any.
I do know my Java is out of date.
Thanks so much
Why don't you download a better internet browser: Google Chrome - it never locks up and never crashes - period.
And then get a different email provider instead of using one that spams you to death with 50 ads every time you login. Yahoo is the worst email provider on the face of the planet. The accounts are constantly compromised. Get a Gmail account.
Google Chrome is just another internet browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox, except revolutionary in how fast and stable it is. It puts IE and Firefox to shame. I fought against Chrome for a long time because I don't like Google gorilla tactics that put google crapware all over everybody's computers. But, I have to admit, I gave Chrome a shot and I have been consistently shocked from the get go. For the past couple of months I do everything in Chrome on every computer I have and it literally has never crashed, and never locked up. Both IE and Firefox crash and lock up all the time. Not to mention that both IE and Firefox are pathetically slow after using a fast browser like Chrome. As with any browser, there have been a couple of websites that haven't worked or displayed quite right and I had to do something in IE. But that is rare. Your problem with Firefox is you probably have a boatload of add-ons. Chrome will help you to avoid that.
So, all I'm saying is, you can do anything in Chrome you can do in Firefox. If you want yahoo.com to be your homepage, then make it your homepage. At least you know the 50 ads Yahoo pops up every time you are on their site will not lock your Google Chrome up. Chrome will aid your transition by importing all your settings from another browser.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI