Andylan0303
Topic Starter
I have been burning Avi, MP4 files to DVD. I have been using Power ISO and TDK DVD+R discs. The first 50 discs wrote fine but half way through the next pack I have got about 20 DVD's that come up with an error when trying to Burn the files to it. The error is 'Error writing Data (544-00000 5e09a57d5c).
I have read lots of forums with this error and all of them are suggesting that there is a problem with drivers, the DVD RW Drive or the Power ISO program. Not one has suggested it could be a faulty batch of discs. I have tried them on 2 different PCs and with 4 different burning programs, the only thing that is consistently the same is the DVD+R discs. When I have had the error come up I put that disc to one side and try another, it will burn fine. It seems that this batch of discs has almost half of the pack that will not write.
If I put one of these discs in the program will detect the media, prepare the media and start writing to the media, then a few seconds later comes up with the error.
Does this sound as if it is a hardware problem? A software problem? or as I think a batch of faulty discs/media? I am going to inform the supplier of this problem and hopefully get some replacement discs that will work.