This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A Cannot Burn DVD, can anyone help me?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I don't know where the problem is or what is the problem… I am using TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A… I Cannot Burn DVDs, and I Cannot read DVDs. I was able to burn and read dvds before but now i can't. If i put in a Blank DVD, it takes 5 minutes or more before it can read it, then if i try to burn using PowerISO 4.6, it starts burning, then it stops and gives me this error saying: 14:43:24 Error writing data. (439-00000140 99049b5c) If I try to put in DVD movies in, it won't read it. Now, I don't think that the problem is with the Blank DVD itself, I think somewhere ther is a problem in my Burner. What could it be? I've tried using troubleshooting software, but it came up with nothing. Please help me.
Hi JaronDaWizard,

Most often, this type of problem occurs after an update or installation of software drivers that add a filter to the system.

You do not mention what was occuring just before and/or as the problem began appearing, but it could be as simple as a system or driver update, or installation of new application software.

Consider this Microsoft recommendation as a first step…

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
Hi Doug, I have the same issue as explained above. I own an HP G60-121WM that came with Vista and the TS-L633A drive. I was able to read and burn DVDs with no problem. I downgraded to XP and now I can't even read DVDs. I tried upgrading the firmware that HP.com shows, but since it is an UPGRADE, it gives me an error message telling me that the original firmware is not found, pretty much there is nothing that can be upgraded. I am confused since my optical drive still reads normal CDs. Please help. Thanks.
Hi sarrati

This may be a difficult problem and is clearly not supported from the HP Product page
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…ct=3805777#N959

HP does provide DVD/BlueRay Play Software for that machine when running Vista operating system.

Did you down-grade to XP very early in the life of Vista, for instance because you were disappointed in the performance of the machine?

If so, you might have been pleasantly surprised had you waited for the Vista Service Packs which reportedly improved performance on many machines.

Would you even consider returning to Vista?
If you do, then HP does provide better support for functional software and for hardware drivers.

I know that is not a very happy recommendation, especially if you have a bad taste for Vista, but it may be your best course of action.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI