This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with AVG free after update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ever since the last update of AVG free, every time I get open my email(which AVG scans), I get the scan page(I think). It won't close until all emails are scanned, which can take a while if there are a good number of them. Any idea how I can change this? I've attached what I see when this happens. thanks in advance :)

I'll try an uninstall and then reinstall, see what happens.

Dont forget the reboot twixt uinstalling and reinstalling….. it needs to be done..

Regards
paws
Did the uninstall, reinstall(and yes, rebooted between) and now it's happening even when browsing a forum, not just when opening my email. Got it this morning on my own forum, and again just now when I uploaded the file to here. Does anyone have ANY idea what's happening? I had done a scan with malware bytes prior to posting here originally and had two "hits", which were then deleted. Could it possibly be some sort of virus?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI