This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AVG Free Anti-Virus problem?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again everyone.

When I do a full scan using AVG Free and it gets to the file sessionsaver.jar [teh Firefox extension] it gives the result/infection message Corrupted archive - wrong original size.

The scrolling of files then stops in the main window but it seems to continue with scanning the rest of my pc as the scanned objects number continues as normal and details of what its scanning in the area to the left of the pause button continues as normal too.

So my question is - is this okay and I'm just being paranoid [again! ;) ] or is it something I should be concerned about? :huh:

Any help anyone is able to give in respect of this would be much appreciated - thanks :) .
a conflict with one of your extensions in firefox maybe?
—————————————————


https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/morei…mments&pageid=8


Problem with AVG Free Edition antivirus

by egeolabagnara, Monday, December 12 2005

Extraordinary extension! Very, very, very usefull! But AVG Free Edition antivirus detect "Corrupted archive - wrong original size", about the file MozillaFirefoxProfileshwyk61db.defaultextensionschromesessionsaver.jar

Well that sounds likely. Thanks shelf life [great username by the way :) ] - apologies, it didn't occur to me to check the Mozilla Forums :wtf: It's this damned insomnia I tell you! :( So unless anyone else has anything to add on the matter and as the scan seems to be going through okay I'll consider this teh solved. Thanks for your help :) .

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI