Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91631 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

AVG Free Anti-Virus problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reformed_fanboy

reformed_fanboy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

Hello again everyone.

When I do a full scan using AVG Free and it gets to the file sessionsaver.jar [teh Firefox extension] it gives the result/infection message Corrupted archive - wrong original size.

The scrolling of files then stops in the main window but it seems to continue with scanning the rest of my pc as the scanned objects number continues as normal and details of what its scanning in the area to the left of the pause button continues as normal too.

So my question is - is this okay and I'm just being paranoid [again! ;) ] or is it something I should be concerned about? :huh:

Any help anyone is able to give in respect of this would be much appreciated - thanks :) .

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

a conflict with one of your extensions in firefox maybe?
---------------------------------------------------

https://addons.mozil...mments&pageid=8

Problem with AVG Free Edition antivirus

by egeolabagnara, Monday, December 12 2005

Extraordinary extension! Very, very, very usefull! But AVG Free Edition antivirus detect "Corrupted archive - wrong original size", about the file MozillaFirefoxProfileshwyk61db.defaultextensionschromesessionsaver.jar

How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 reformed_fanboy

reformed_fanboy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

Well that sounds likely. Thanks shelf life [great username by the way :) ] - apologies, it didn't occur to me to check the Mozilla Forums :wtf: It's this damned insomnia I tell you! :( So unless anyone else has anything to add on the matter and as the scan seems to be going through okay I'll consider this teh solved. Thanks for your help :) .