This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AVG Free

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys, Ive been using AVG Free AV for a while now and I've been quite satisfied with its performance; however, like a week ago I started noticing that the AVG icon in the system task bar turned black and white and required me to restart (after the 2.6 MB update) in order to finish the update. No big deal, I know thats what is supposed to happen, but during this week everyday, if not twice a day sometimes, the black and white icon reappears and I have to restart. I keep on checking for new updates, but AVG always says its up to date… Thinking it probably hasnt automatically updated correctly, I went to the AVG website but it stated that a manual update is NOT recommended, and I really dont know which update to pick. I checked for malware but nothing came up with Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft Windows Defender, CWShredder, Bitdefender and Panda ActiveScan. ____________________________________________________________ PC (Intel Pentium III) Windows XP Professional + SP2 and 512MB of RAM

Attachments:

I've tried researching the knowledge base at AVG and found a possible answer….
03107 internal virus database is out of date
scroll to 03107



by chance if the link posted does not work……

1. Please check the date/time settings on your computer (right-click on the clock on the task bar (in the right bottom corner of the screen) and choose the "Adjust Date/Time" option.
2. If the date/time settings are OK, you have possibly used more than a year old AVG installation file/CD. You can check your AVG program version here: AVG->Information->About AVG.
To solve this problem, please do the following:
download the latest AVG installation file here: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/programs
("AVG 7.1 for Windows" item, called "Set-up File avg71f_XXXaXXX.exe")
run this downloaded installation file
choose the "Repair installation" option from the three possibilities offered
finish that process
if a computer restart is needed, please restart the computer
update AVG virus bases
It should then be OK.
Generally, for a new AVG installation we recommend you to use the latest version of the AVG installation file. You can download it here.
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/programs
3. It the problem persists after these operations please contact our ..tech support……
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/119/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

0103 The end of the license period is approaching, where do I obtain a new license number
A new license number will be sent when we receive a customer order by post or by e-mail. You can also use the online order form. It is also possible to contact your AVG distributor
Thank you very much Juliet, appreciate the help! I uninstalled the old AVG and reinstalled a newer version, and things are working perfectly! :D Thank you!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI