Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

browser speed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

I find M.S.I.E. 10 slowing down. I did not know if I should reset it or what to do. F.F. zooms in or I can use shift + but when I restart it, it is smaller again.. Is the attachment the way Win 8 firewall should look? I got this from a M.S. article explaining how to set it up. Thank you Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Try clicking on Tools (little gear at far right) then Manage Add-ons. Disable what is there and see if that makes a difference. If no t then reset it, won't hurt, may help. Your firewall setting is the default setting, same as mine. Win8Firewall.JPG

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

I found that not using the smart screen filter made a difference. We are careful about surfing. I will the add-ons a try . What do you do if it is the cause, do one at a time? When you say reset it, you are referring to the explorer correct. I am going to try to send you a link where MS advises that you check all 4 boxes including all incoming. I would think that would slow things down if done. [Turn on/off > block all incoming = check all 4 boxes I am looking for the MS link.]

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't use IE on a regular basis so have not noticed any slow down. I'm not even sure what Smart Screen Filter does but turning it off sounds like a good idea. I can't see having a firewall block everything. Seems to work pretty well as it is with default settings.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I notice that the slowdown occurs at different times of the day which might suggest the isp and where I am located. With no changes by me, at times I wait for a page to appear and other, different times I zip along. There is no special time. I think I will wait it out. As we speak, Verizon's FIOS is being installed in our street so we can bargain with Comcast.