This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reinstalling Office 2010

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a 3 PC licence for a version of Office 2010. I needed to factory restore a laptop that was one of the three computers. However when I came to install Office 2010 back onto that laptop it wont install (which I have tried to do a number of times now) and is giving two error messages referring to the Product Key not being correct or a problem with Bootstrapper. Any ideas of a solution and get it to install?
Hi Bluesnapper I hope I can butt in here. Sorry for the late reply. I have just seen your post as I was about to post one of my own. This happened to me a couple of months ago and as a last resort I contacted the seller that I bought my office cd from. They sent me a new key and I was able to reinstall office 2010 without any further problems. Hope this helps if you haven't already got yourself sorted. hedley
My machine will not accept the 32 bit Office. It is a dell XPS 8300 x 64. I had to call Windows / Manuf to get the link and remember to remove the old before trying to install the new.

I kmow it is a late post but may help someone.

 

MS office Home and Student 2010 old link no longer works.

Be sure desk or lap as each key is different

Two ways;

1-First uninstall Office. Then use disc. Insert and open the double click installer to install.  Tic open folder to view files, then enter 25 character key lap or desk.

OR

2- address bar at top = office.com/backup + find your selection. Remember 64 bit.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI