Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Remove Office 2010 Click to Run?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HaggyT

HaggyT

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

Dear All, I recently got a laptop with a Starter version of Microsoft Office 2010 installed on it. As this Starter version does not give full use of the features within Excel, I wanted to install my Home and Student Office 2007. I installed Office 2007 alongside the Starter 2010, however this caused quite a few problems with File associations so I decided to uninstall Office 2010, unfortunately this meant that Office 2007 also did not work as I believe I hadn't installed and uninstalled things in the right order. I therefore did a system restore to when Office Starter 2010 was on the laptop without 2007. I uninstalled both the Office Starter 2010 file and the Office 2010 file from the Program files. I tried to also uninstall the Office 2010 Click to Run file, however this would not uninstall. It just comes up with an error message "this action cannot be completed. try action again. if problem continues, contact microsoft product support". I have now installed Home and Student Office 2007 and it seems to be working, despite the Office 2010 Click to Run file still being on the computer. What I would like help with is the following: should this be okay now? Is it okay to leave the Click to Run file and the associated Q drive there and be running Office 2007? Or do I need to make sure I eradicate the Click to Run altogether? If so, how?! Grateful for any help you can give!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums.

What I would like help with is the following: should this be okay now? Is it okay to leave the Click to Run file and the associated Q drive there and be running Office 2007?

Yes...you should be OK
The "Click to Run" runs in a virtual drive "Q" that is inaccessible to Windows Explorer for example.... its only accessible via its own software, so you should be OK
Test your new machine thoroughly..make sure everything is in order.... post back if you have any issues.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate