This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wifi Network Connection

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Im having issues connection to a network I believe its skyy, now I talked to IT (so this is my home computer not a business but the issue is on a Uni network.) It was unable to figure it out we went over firewall connection chaning IP etc. We both agree its a software issue. Now the network itself operates on different wireless systems in some buildings. I can connect to cisco based technology perfectly fine. When enetering my credentials to access the network t the other building my wifi switches and connects to some unkown public network were there is no other wifi access point witthin range. Its not connected to the network, and just switching its settings to public its literally switching off of it then recording its conenction to some unkown network at least thats what the status shows, but I was able to see that that my computer was visible to the network administrator. So here is how it works: I connect to the wifi fine. I redirect my browser to were the credentials are supposed to be enter. Then I get the boot and it does this on and off. I tried to release and renew my IP while in the process of these actions and it actually halted the switching and the computer was connected to the public network. I reset my wireless card. So Im thinking there could be an issue with my system that does not allow me to connect. I re-installed my firewall, my computer appears under normal activity on the server. I'm unsure if my system could have something that the network is trying to block, in terms of security. I was unable to figure it out and my computer in my eyes appeared to have sketchy firewall logs. I opened a thread for support on the maware for the purpose of going over it to make sure there wasnt anything hiding in it, I am aware that malware and viruses are not always detected by AV though I havent done anything on my computer that would cause such infections. So this is a tech post not malware so it doesn't count as double post since its two diff objectives? Thanks Intel centrino Advanced-6230 -Windows 7 Laptop. it wont surprise me if its a hardware issue, Dell's nowadays.
ooopdate: Tried running safemode w/ networking. It doesnt kick me out. Could this mean its a software issue? Most def a software issue but I just can't pinpoint what it is. I tried re-installing antivirus (made me lose my user key so its an outdated AV n FW lol :/) Anyone experienced something similar? I allso come to a 100% conclusion my system is jacked up. Will continue to explore the Wireless connection… monologue.
Hi Brink, Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. It would not be sensible for us to offer you system changing recommendations, whilst you have a topic open in the Virus and Spyware removal forum for the same computer. No System changes or actions should be undertaken unless advised by the malware removal specialists over in that forum…. (their job is very difficult and if your system logs keep changing then it will make things even more difficult for them.) Once you computer has been declared "clear" then post back here in this forum if you are still having issues with it, and we will do our best to assist. Regards paws
Thanks for the response.I haven't purchases anti-virus yet because for that reason. The sophos-re-install probably wasn't wise either. If I am infected all i know is my computer is not right If theres no malware ima probably restore it to my first set of restore disks from when it was brand news. Ope! Can i ask you a question if u read this? I'm thinking it isnt a good idea to restore my system since the hardware has been changed. The hard drive is the same but I got the PC replaced and then after that I got the motherboard replace lol. My luck Dell was very cool about it though. Would system restore be affected by the change of serial numbers or other related hardware signatures? All the spechs are the same its just different parts. Only spech is the screen is 1080X 90 they upgraded it for me because of my problems.
Hi Brink, Yes we can deal with these sort of issues and help you do the right things to get your computer working properly again…. However I see that Jeff posted directions for you to follow (in your Virus and Spyware removal topic)over 5 hours ago but so far you have not responded with the logs he requested. It really would be best to follow his directions to the letter and as soon as possible if you want to get your computer running properly again. Hopefully Jeff will get you up and running again but if you still have issues with your computer once he has declared your computer as being clear of infection then post back here in this forum and will do our best to help Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI