I need help
Topic Starter
Here goes:
When I start windows vista in normal mode my network does not connect to the internet from the router
I have tested this on more than one network and this is the same result.
GUI representation on Network Sharing Center
My Comp Name========Unidentified Network======X======= Internet
Its uanble to diagnose the connection to the internet using all of the avaialable options provided by windows
Still has the same problem if the windows firewall is turned off and all options have been used.
When conected in safe mode with networking, it connects just fine
GUI representation on Network Sharing Center
My Comp Name========Network Name============ Internet
Fire wall is turned on/off and still able to access internet
However when browsing the internet every link i click on will display an advert website instead on the intended website i want to go to.
I can only get there by manually typing the url or click the back and foward buttons on the browser
This happens both for internet explorer and mozilla firefox
This suggests adware/spyware problem so i proceed to download adware on the internet. This is where the touble starts.
Tried to download lavasoft ad-aware but it is unable to update itself as connection is refused (firewall turned on/off doesnt change)
Tried to download spybot search and destroy but the windows blue error screen appears and reboots system ( not sure how to pause it to make out what kind of error it is stating as it goes too fast)
Downloaded hijack this which works and now sending logs