This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

mail

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have a WLM and it does the functions of sending a page by file or email and opens hyperlinks. I am confused about mail programs. Can you download Thunderbird to Win 8? I cannot understand what determines mail, programs, and associations. Example ; does each browser have its own email program like Chrome having Thunderbird and MSIE 10 having WLM or is there a more clear way of articulating the bottom line regarding email, programs, browsers and OS's? If you could briefly clarify this I would appreciate it. I would like to understand for learning sake and specifically want to know if I can download Thunderbird to MSIE10. Thank you for your help
I can't say for sure, but pretty sure that an email client is exactly that, an email client, which means it handles email within it's own programming, web browsers and operating systems appear to make no difference, not directly anyway, yes an email client can attach itself to your browser, but that's no different than adding a shortcut to the quick launch bar as best I can figure, so although you may have to have compatible OS\browsers etc. to get all the email clients features, on their own they have nothing to do with getting your email, it's simply the presentation format of how it's brought to you, but as far as Win 8 goes, they say nothing on the site I can see saying anything other than it works in Windows, other places list Win 8 as compatible, so it probably does, give it a try, if it fails you know it wont work, hopefully this helps a bit anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI