This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

desktop email client

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I read about changing to Outlook.com as my email client instead of the native mail, it shows outlook.com under control panel>default programs> associate a file type> send to. I only have; 1- native mail, 2- keep using Windows Live Mail, 3- shop in the store. Why don't I have Gmail, and especcially Outlook,com as a choice? I do have a Gmail account and an outlook.com one. I am currently using WLM but it is part of Windows Live Essentials. I used to love this program but the photo gallery is corrupted and I want to get away from it. I have read that Essentials is prone to corruption.. So how do I get a desktop email client that will work with MSIE 10, will open hyperlinks and I can send a link or page that am reading to someone - (file>send>link or page as email)?
I have some relieving news for you. First, thank you for your patience. I will look into Outlook.com. But anyway, I persisted with the Issue with Essentials and found the problem and the solution so I hope anyone reading this will benefit if they too have issues with Essentials that I have been reading about. I went to my libraries and right clicked pictures. Then I clicked "default. I opened the Windows photo gallery that I reinstalled for the 5th time but this time, all the icons were gone and it functioned normally. Setting the library to default set the gallery straight so I am utilizing the Windows Live Mail as my email client and the Essentials Photo Gallery for my photography work. It took a long time but I am relieved it is functioning. The 'why' was pestering me. Regards, Peter P.S. Any tips as to how one converts outlook.com to the default email client?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI