This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

2 browsers /email

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have MSIE but it is slow. I have a Comcast email account with an address book and a Hotmail account also with an adress book. If I were to switch to Firefox, would I see two Icons on my dektop so i could use MSIE for my email program and to gain access to my banks etc or how does it work? I read all I could at the Firefox site but this information was not there. Thank you
I was reaing about Firefox, Thunderbird etc and I came across a well written article . It did not knock Firefox but did point out that many people are just curious + try it, while some don't care for it and have trouble removing it. There is a way to use add/remove with a lot of things to do with registry keys. Another claims to be a Firefox uninstaller but that I believe involves using something to a registry cleaner which I learned the hard way to avoid. Then of cousre you can leave residual entries in the registry. My pc is really slow but when the techs from Comcast came out, they used my machine and their laptop and admitted there was a long pause responding to the cursor. It began to act better but has resumed its slow behavior. All of my Comcast friends are complaining about speed so I don't think it is my explorer. I have run Mcafee, and malware scans and am clean. Ran %temp% and emptied temp folders and have cleaned out the explorer of old sites etc. It was running normally until Comcast changed email providers to Smart Zone which I think is low end and heavy on the system. I presented a point of view to the company's corporate dept. which cuts my tv and pc bill in half for a year. I will wait for something to give an 'get what I pay for in the meantime.' All was perky with the explorer till about three months ago.
I was reaing about Firefox, Thunderbird etc and I came across a well written article . It did not knock Firefox but did point out that many people are just curious + try it, while some don't care for it and have trouble removing it. There is a way to use add/remove with a lot of things to do with registry keys. Another claims to be a Firefox uninstaller but that I believe involves using something to a registry cleaner which I learned the hard way to avoid. Then of cousre you can leave residual entries in the registry. My pc is really slow but when the techs from Comcast came out, they used my machine and their laptop and admitted there was a long pause responding to the cursor. It began to act better but has resumed its slow behavior. All of my Comcast friends are complaining about speed so I don't think it is my explorer. I have run Mcafee, and malware scans and am clean. Ran %temp% and emptied temp folders and have cleaned out the explorer of old sites etc. It was running normally until Comcast changed email providers to Smart Zone which I think is low end and heavy on the system. I presented a point of view to the company's corporate dept. which cuts my tv and pc bill in half for a year. I will wait for something to give an 'get what I pay for in the meantime.' All was perky with the explorer till about three months ago.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI