Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

2 browsers /email

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

Hello I have MSIE but it is slow. I have a Comcast email account with an address book and a Hotmail account also with an adress book. If I were to switch to Firefox, would I see two Icons on my dektop so i could use MSIE for my email program and to gain access to my banks etc or how does it work? I read all I could at the Firefox site but this information was not there. Thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yes, FireFox and IE coexist peacefully. When you install FF, you can import all your settings from IE if you want.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

I assume it can be uinstalled if it doesn't work out so I'll give it a try. Thanx, Z.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Yes, it can be uninstalled. You may want to install FireFox Preloader as well. It significantly improves the startup time for Firefox, making it equivalent to or better than IE.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

I was reaing about Firefox, Thunderbird etc and I came across a well written article . It did not knock Firefox but did point out that many people are just curious + try it, while some don't care for it and have trouble removing it. There is a way to use add/remove with a lot of things to do with registry keys. Another claims to be a Firefox uninstaller but that I believe involves using something to a registry cleaner which I learned the hard way to avoid. Then of cousre you can leave residual entries in the registry. My pc is really slow but when the techs from Comcast came out, they used my machine and their laptop and admitted there was a long pause responding to the cursor. It began to act better but has resumed its slow behavior. All of my Comcast friends are complaining about speed so I don't think it is my explorer. I have run Mcafee, and malware scans and am clean. Ran %temp% and emptied temp folders and have cleaned out the explorer of old sites etc. It was running normally until Comcast changed email providers to Smart Zone which I think is low end and heavy on the system. I presented a point of view to the company's corporate dept. which cuts my tv and pc bill in half for a year. I will wait for something to give an 'get what I pay for in the meantime.' All was perky with the explorer till about three months ago.

#6 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

I was reaing about Firefox, Thunderbird etc and I came across a well written article . It did not knock Firefox but did point out that many people are just curious + try it, while some don't care for it and have trouble removing it. There is a way to use add/remove with a lot of things to do with registry keys. Another claims to be a Firefox uninstaller but that I believe involves using something to a registry cleaner which I learned the hard way to avoid. Then of cousre you can leave residual entries in the registry. My pc is really slow but when the techs from Comcast came out, they used my machine and their laptop and admitted there was a long pause responding to the cursor. It began to act better but has resumed its slow behavior. All of my Comcast friends are complaining about speed so I don't think it is my explorer. I have run Mcafee, and malware scans and am clean. Ran %temp% and emptied temp folders and have cleaned out the explorer of old sites etc. It was running normally until Comcast changed email providers to Smart Zone which I think is low end and heavy on the system. I presented a point of view to the company's corporate dept. which cuts my tv and pc bill in half for a year. I will wait for something to give an 'get what I pay for in the meantime.' All was perky with the explorer till about three months ago.

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

I apologize for the duplication but it is my ISP that is causing this.