This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

The classroom...should I fix my computer before?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I'm pretty familiar with forums like this, at least as a lurker looking for problems that mirror mine, but staying away from the usual suspects in my adult years, I haven't seen a virus in quite a while, at least a noticeable one. Geez those buggers really seem to be getting nasty and keeping ahead of the help guides that get posted publicly! We've got two computers that got a virus this week (thanks, dad!) and I just can't do this stuff anymore without more training. I think I've removed the virus from our old backup XP unit, and I've got some faith I can get our Windows 7 operational. It would obviously be smart to get a "general clean/did I actually get the thing" scan from an expert when we've got a backup computer back on the shelf and have more time to wait on the forums, but I've always wanted to get into something like the tech classroom here, and now with a semi-successfull online reatil business, I actually have the time in the forseeable long-term for the months and/or years (and then infinate updating and helping others) that it will take. Here's the question: I will be both seeking expert help for my computers and applying for the classroom either way, I'm just confused about the order for keeping the site clean and smooth running. Is learning to clean your computer basically the first lesson, and I'd just be wasting an additional expert's time by posting my "look at my computer" thread first?
Hello StellaLynn :wavey:

Welcome to WTT :)

Here's the question: I will be both seeking expert help for my computers and applying for the classroom either way, I'm just confused about the order for keeping the site clean and smooth running.
Is learning to clean your computer basically the first lesson, and I'd just be wasting an additional expert's time by posting my "look at my computer" thread first?

You would not be wasting a helpers time. If you have infected machines you must get them cleaned before applying to the Classroom.

Use the information in the following link to get started:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388


Once you have the system scans from the infected systems please create a new thread in the following forum and wait for assistance:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=27


Once your machines are malware free you can apply to the Classroom :)


Best wishes

JonTom
:welcome: StellaLynn Sorry for the delay but I have had a few things keeping me busy. Good luck with your computer situation and your application to the Classroom.