Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Keyboard and Internal mouse are not responding to my commands

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONewbieO

ONewbieO

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi there . I have an ongoing issue which was malware related at the start i believe . Now that the malware seems to be cleared , the keyboard and built in mouse seems to have problems . Here's what i encounter . If you do a left click on the internal mouse , when its in "crazy mode" , the left mouse button wouldnt stop clicking . If i open my computer with a left click , it will open up 10x 20 x of my computer folder . With that problem , i cant move the directional buttons of UP and DOWN plus ENTER button , BACKspace button and Delete Button . I tried it out using an external keypad and realised the external keypad was working well but not the built in keyboard though . I need help with this . Any help is much appreciated . More info could be given upon request .

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi ONwebieO,
Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with your computer.
I took a quick look at your logs over in the Virus and Spyware removal forum and its good to see that Satchfan has checked out your computer and you are now clear of malicious code.

Some bad news for you I'm afraid.....Your computer is never going to work with Windows, properly as it is......

Satchfran has pointed out that your C drive is practically full, there is insufficent space for creating the necessary temporary files, or even defragmenting your hard drive (assuming its not an SSD) and not to put too fine a point on it, you are choking it to death!

Windows needs free space on the boot drive( C:) to operate correctly and you have practically run out of it.....

Yet your D drive is practically empty.....???

To create the necessary free space on your c drive (aim for 25%) but a bit less will do at a pinch you can try a number a things, uninstall stuff you no longer need, for example and if you have a lot of documents, music, photos videos etc on your C drive then you could just move them to your D: drive

If you do move stuff then leave Windows and Applications (Programmes) where they are (on C) just move docs, photos, music, videos etc.

This will certainly help the performance of your computer but it will not affect your mouse/keyboard/trackpad if they are caused by defective hardware.... so you need to find out if its a hardware issue or a Windows problem....

Here's how to do that.
Download a Live Distro of Linux ( Puppy is good) and available from here:
http://puppylinux.or.....g Started.htm

Run it in RAM, it will not even need your hard drive to be present as it doesn't need Windows at all.... but you will be able to check out if your keyboard /mouse/trackpad etc works... if it works OK using Puppy then we have established that its a Windows problem, so we have a good steer on the future actions we need to consider.

I usually keep a Live distro of Puppy in my repair bag in the form of a bootable CD, but if your machine does not have a CD drive you could always run it from a USB memory stick.
Here's how to achieve that:
http://voices.yahoo....648.html?cat=59

Let us know how you get on
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 ONewbieO

ONewbieO

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Many thanks for the assistance . I am going away from next week onwards so i'll try my best to get this resolved asap but chances are likely we might have to wait till february before we can get into inroads of this matter . I appreciate your input but shame that i need to be away for a few weeks .

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate