After a long thread and malware inspection with TomK. It seems there is no malware on my pc which is very fortunate (Thread is here.)
Unfortunately, I am having a problem with my mouse. (Ball mouse). It seems it has a mind of its own, it keeps doing its own actions, goes in different directions, clicks all over the place and every now and then goes really crazy and starts opening random programs and shortcuts. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but nothing is working. I still feel it may be a software/malware issue because after I run ComboFix, the few days following my mouse acts normal. But it might be a hardware issue since it has been banged up a bit
I tried cleaning it a few times but I don't think that worked. The problem might be that it is smooth. I'm pretty sure I remember it being rough let me try doing that. On the other hand I still have to consider the software issue.
I read through your malware thread and nowhere did I see you try the obvious, which is a new or different mouse. Try that and let us know what happens.
Also, is the mouse you are using a PS2 or USB mouse?
I read through your malware thread and nowhere did I see you try the obvious, which is a new or different mouse. Try that and let us know what happens.
Also, is the mouse you are using a PS2 or USB mouse?
No actually I was going to try a different mouse tomorrow. I am also using a ps2 mouse.
Okay, thanks. If that doesn't help, please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests
You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program.
Note: Vista users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"
If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)
Register and create a password Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review. Post the entire URL address (link) information back here into this Forum thread.
Note: Vista users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.
Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.
Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI