Hello
Is there anything you can think of to do after sending 2 different emails ,checking junk folders and calling MS to be told to resubmit and still not getting the poduct key after 10 days, 5 days etc?
After calling I finally got the key.
I am editing to elaborate.
Sorry I was in a hurry;I had submitted my request and when a week elapsed I thought I was not getting it. I called and the tech at MS was puzzled an unfamiliar. He had the department that generates keys do so for me which did not work.
Long and short is that you submit your email address then simply wait the 10 days or whatever it takes and when you get it you might have to do contrary to directions
Have the patience I did not have..
Once you receive the key you are advised to drag the cursor from the upper right until search appears and click on add features. If it appears follow through.
This was OK with my desktop but with the laptop no feature was there.
For those who are reading this, go to computer and see where it is in yellow or highlighted or at least says,"Add new features to Windows."
Click on that and when you enter the product key, it will install, taking about an hour. I believe it is about a 200 MB download.
One tip might be to keep the key where you can copy and paste it to avoid copying each character.
I hope someone reading this will benefit form my experience.
Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI