This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Live Email

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Morning, Yesterday, when I checked my email , i saw several Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏. I could not figure out what they were all about. At the top od the screen (in email) it stated my vacation setting was turned ON. After several attempts to get it turned off, I was successful in doing so. I was writing an email to a friend and my signature had been changed to some electronic cigarette company. They were soliciting through MY email and to all my contacts. I ran MBAM, ERUNT and DDS. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post the results or wait until I'm asked to. I woul dappreciate any help. I need to find out how to get rid of this and how to prevent it. I'm using Norton Antivirus. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Vista OS Thank you, Donna Karen
Sounds like you are a member of a BOT net used for spamming.

Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Post back here once you've received a clean bill of health if you still have problems.
Thank You, Ztrucker for your advice. I've downloaded everything from the link that you provided. Malwarebytes found no infections. So do I post any of the reports that I ran? Or has my problem been solved? Thank you in adavance! Karen
Karen, hard for me to say. Please go ahead and post the requested logs in the malware forum. One of the malware folks will get to you as soon as possible. Also, please post a link to this thread or copy your original post into your malware forum post so they know why you are there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI