Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Live Email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 donnakarensc

donnakarensc

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Good Morning, Yesterday, when I checked my email , i saw several Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏. I could not figure out what they were all about. At the top od the screen (in email) it stated my vacation setting was turned ON. After several attempts to get it turned off, I was successful in doing so. I was writing an email to a friend and my signature had been changed to some electronic cigarette company. They were soliciting through MY email and to all my contacts. I ran MBAM, ERUNT and DDS. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post the results or wait until I'm asked to. I woul dappreciate any help. I need to find out how to get rid of this and how to prevent it. I'm using Norton Antivirus. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Vista OS Thank you, Donna Karen

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Sounds like you are a member of a BOT net used for spamming.

Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

Post back here once you've received a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 donnakarensc

donnakarensc

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Thank You, Ztrucker for your advice. I've downloaded everything from the link that you provided. Malwarebytes found no infections. So do I post any of the reports that I ran? Or has my problem been solved? Thank you in adavance! Karen

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Karen, hard for me to say. Please go ahead and post the requested logs in the malware forum. One of the malware folks will get to you as soon as possible. Also, please post a link to this thread or copy your original post into your malware forum post so they know why you are there.

Edited by Ztruker, 29 January 2010 - 10:20 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown