This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need Help With Thunderbird Mail & Sync Issues

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, With the addition of portable devices for myself and my children, (ipad, itouch, and Nexus), I've lost my ability to keep track of my email and need some help sorting out solutions and fixes. Here are the issues: For years I used a portable version of Thunderbird (Portable Apps). It worked fine until my computer started having problems and running really slow. Then I got notices that my inbox was getting too full and to move messages into folders. I did this, but all of a sudden, I lost almost a year's worth of emails (some I really need for legal purposes). I now realize, I should have been compacting all along, but wasn't, so perhaps that was the problem. Though my incoming messages are still on my yahoo and gmail web accounts, my outgoing messages are not. 1. Once I get my computer fixed (will try to get help from this forum on another thread – likely not enough memory), I'd like to transfer my mail management system off PortableApps onto my laptop. Can someone help me with this – ideally so I can recover my "lost" emails? 2. Is Thunderbird really the best option for me? I want to be able to sync my mail (not only incoming messages, but also outgoing) so that what is on my computer is the same as what is on my gmail and yahoo web server. Is there a way to do this using various hardware devices (laptops, tablets, etc)? Though I'd prefer a solid open source program, I'm prepared to buy/use Outlook if it will take my headaches away. 3. Regardless of the above, is there a way to send my outgoing messages written on my iPad to my email accounts? That way, when I sit down at my laptop to do my "heavy mail processing", I can have all messages downloaded/synced and threaded in one place? Very Grateful For Any Assistance I Can Get! KiwiKay
Hello KiwiKay,

I also use Thunderbird and for a small issue I was having trouble with I went to Thunderbird Support Forum :thumbup:

In that forum you will find expert Tech help and the best way to do what you want re: portable apps. as my own Thunderbird knowledge is only basic I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI