Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Need Help With Thunderbird Mail & Sync Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KiwiKay

KiwiKay

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hi, With the addition of portable devices for myself and my children, (ipad, itouch, and Nexus), I've lost my ability to keep track of my email and need some help sorting out solutions and fixes. Here are the issues: For years I used a portable version of Thunderbird (Portable Apps). It worked fine until my computer started having problems and running really slow. Then I got notices that my inbox was getting too full and to move messages into folders. I did this, but all of a sudden, I lost almost a year's worth of emails (some I really need for legal purposes). I now realize, I should have been compacting all along, but wasn't, so perhaps that was the problem. Though my incoming messages are still on my yahoo and gmail web accounts, my outgoing messages are not. 1. Once I get my computer fixed (will try to get help from this forum on another thread -- likely not enough memory), I'd like to transfer my mail management system off PortableApps onto my laptop. Can someone help me with this -- ideally so I can recover my "lost" emails? 2. Is Thunderbird really the best option for me? I want to be able to sync my mail (not only incoming messages, but also outgoing) so that what is on my computer is the same as what is on my gmail and yahoo web server. Is there a way to do this using various hardware devices (laptops, tablets, etc)? Though I'd prefer a solid open source program, I'm prepared to buy/use Outlook if it will take my headaches away. 3. Regardless of the above, is there a way to send my outgoing messages written on my iPad to my email accounts? That way, when I sit down at my laptop to do my "heavy mail processing", I can have all messages downloaded/synced and threaded in one place? Very Grateful For Any Assistance I Can Get! KiwiKay

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hello KiwiKay,

I also use Thunderbird and for a small issue I was having trouble with I went to Thunderbird Support Forum :thumbup:

In that forum you will find expert Tech help and the best way to do what you want re: portable apps. as my own Thunderbird knowledge is only basic I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Or you could send a bcc to yourself (your own email address) when sending an email which you wish to have readily accessible.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.