Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Programs to backup email messages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeSA

MikeSA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Windows Live Mail is my desktop email client. Thereon I have two pop and three Imap accounts (one Gmail and two Outlook accounts).  What is the best way of doing regular backups of all my email messages, particularly messages in the respective INBOX and SENT folders. 

Besides Mailstore and KLS (which I had previously tried but found them unsatisfactory), are there any safe, non-buggy programs out there for email backups - both free and paid?

Admittedly, in the event of a crash, one can always re-download messages off the server (if messages have not been deleted) but then only the messages in the respective INBOX folder can be re-downloaded but not the SENT messages.  All views, comments and recommendations would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Hi MikeSA,

Your IMAP accounts should always be accessible from any computer anywhere (as long as your have the correct log on credentials handy [email addy and password etc] and hotmail (now called outlook.com and gmail back up their stuff, regularly so you should be Ok with IMAP accounts through them.

However it's still wise to back up everything locally.

Most pop accounts have settings that remove your stuff from the server after a while.... so take a look at this link

http://windows.micro...-backup-restore

its not a programme as such such, just a fairly neat method of taking local control of your stuff including all your folders (including your "sent" folder)

Remember a back up is not a back up unless there are at least 3 copies of it  (on different media) and with at least one verified copy kept safe on removable media, offsite!

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate