Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Thunderbird not accessing my emails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b10dr01d

b10dr01d

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Computers and cars

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

I've been using Thunderbird for over a year to access my yahoo, hotmail,and gmail accounts. for one week i didn't touch my pc nor did anyone else and now i cant access any of my emails through thunderbird. I've tried to re-add the accounts and modify them. I've googled several different setup methods and nothing works. does anyone have any other suggestions?
Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your email. I'm sure you have checked to see if you are malware free? If all Ok on that front try using another email client and see how you go. This will be quite instructive and will indicate the further steps to resolve the Tbird issues You can always uninstall TBird. reboot and install again. as this would be the standard first step. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 b10dr01d

b10dr01d

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Computers and cars

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

i got it to work with my wifes account, but with mine, it tells me "There are no new messages on this server" when in fact i know there are. when i try to send a message it keeps asking me for my password. even when i type it in it asks for it again.

Edited by b10dr01d, 15 April 2008 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:23 AM

Hi, The most usual cause of this is an incorrect user name or password being held in memory. (often due to a power spike, surge or or lag, causing corruption in the log on files.) However no matter how certain you are that you are using the correct user name and password......still double check! As a first step its worth deleting your own user accounts in Tbird, closing down Tbird , shutting down your computer, waiting 30 seconds with a blank black screen and then restarting it. and when all required startup items have been loaded, opening Tbird and setting up your accounts again. See you you go: If this does not shift the incorrect log on details then you will need to uninstall Tbird, reboot and then reinstall it. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate