No! The process is not hard, but not that simple - especially if going wireless. For one, you need to change those defaults and you will likely need to reboot your systems to pick up the new IP assignments.
The router's manual (available on line or in the box) will tell you how.
changing defaults and ip assignments is where you lose me. I plugged it in the modem where there was a space and did something to change to the guest password and it seems to work. How would I know if I did something wrong?
changing defaults and ip assignments is where you lose me. I plugged it in the modem where there was a space and did something to change to the guest password and it seems to work. How would I know if I did something wrong?
The IP assignments should be dynamic (if using DHCP). That is, your computers will pick up the new IP assignment from the router automatically. If you can connect to the Internet, that worked.
As for the passwords, you need to follow the instructions in your manual to enter the router's menu system, then make sure the admin passwords have been changed from their out-of-the-box defaults.
My daughter and I were talking tonite and she said why don't I get a WiFi instead of a router. Is that something you can buy, or does it have to come with the computer?
I have a wiiFi. How come it said I wasn't connected to computer until I installed the router. So I don't need a router or anything? It just automatically will work without installing anaything?
Unfortunately I cannot try any thing out had to return the first nexus cuz it wouldn't work, so they said it would be after Jan 2 because of the backup, so i defintely will be getting back to you. Is there a place on my computer where I can tell there is a wifi? Thanks Terry. We had a good Christmas - couldn't all get together at the same time with a divorced family, but it was good. No plans for the new Year - that's for couples anyway.
I hope you have a GREAT one for both of us and I will talk to you next year unless you can tell me where I find my wiFi.,
Patti
and to answer your question, no you never had wifi until you bought the wireless router.
it's the wireless capability of the router that is called wifi.
new year is not just for couples, us singles like to go out and enjoy it too,
saying that tho i didn't have any plans for celebrating the new year myself either, but my daughter's going out this year so i'm babysitting.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI