Because an upgrade will bring along a lot of clutter, I was thinking of reinstalling Win 7 then upgrading to Win 8 thereby avoiding the clutter I've built up and perfoming a clean upgrade with my programs.
Opposed to this is to do a clean install of Win 8 and hope the Ofice 2010 I have preloaded with my Dell and for which I have prod keys will be retrievable once 8 is installed. No other programs are important.
I have a preinstalled Office. I used to go to MS and find a 64 bit download as I tried the regular download which did nor specify and Office would not work. It has to be 64 bit.
I will read the link you sent to see if I can get this done. Thank you
I just read it and thank goodness or I'd have a no prod #'s.
Let me explain;I was knee deep in finding Office 64 bit so i thought you were referring to that not the Win 8 activation.
I now have you activation tip which is invaluable. Got my hands full!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI