I'm having a problem installing the new version of Java. I keep getting an error 403 or an error that says Java_sp.dll is corrupt. Sometimes I also get server problems Java installer.
So, I have removed the old version, I have McAfee for real time scanning and firewall., I have temperarly turned those off while trying to install but still no luck. The green instillation line gets all the way over to less than a second left for intallation when the error sign comes on. I really don't know what to do.
Thanks for any help
Hi AnnieF and welcome to the WTT forums.
Sorry to hear of the Java issue.
Here's a link to the Java site that gives details of how to solve it. http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_403.xml
I hope this does the trick for you, but in any event post back and let us know how you get on.
Regards
paws
Hi paws
Thank you very much for your reply and the link!! It worked!! I thought I had tried that 403 error before but I guess I didn't. Thanks again for the help and the nice welcoming to WTT.
Please hug and pet your dog for me.
Here I go again with Java and the newest update. I am getting the error message 403, again. I have uninstalled the 7u7 version and my Macafee security is also off. I can't get into Java at all to even use the offline staller. I just keep getting the error page. Thanks again for any help.