This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New gfx card, help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello peeps. Today, i just got my super OC Black edition 7770 gfx card. Problem is tho, that whenever i install the driver for it and boot my system it shuts down immediately after pretty much loading windows, or at the login screen. I dont really know what could be causing this, since the recommended PSU req. is 550W, and that's what i have in my pc. My specs are: PSU: Corsair VX550W Motherboard: H55M-D2H CPU: i5-760 2.80GHZ Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium 4gb ram I have tried disconnecting all non essential equipments, leaving only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and the internet left, but it still did it. :) Anything else you wanna know, just ask me, other than that, I'd really love it if anyone could come up with some suggestions of what i could do to check out the problems, and narrow down the issue of this. As far as I can tell it may be the PSU, but it does say 550W recommended. :)

Attachments:

  • [attachment removed: DxDiag.zip]
I have a Corsair myself and they are top-self. A Corsair 550 will run any card, so I very much doubt the problem is in that area if it was working fine before you installed the new card. Will your PC run without the card (does your motherboard have on-board graphics)? Do you have another card that works OK and if so, do you still have it (tells us your mobo card slot has no faults)? Make sure that the card slot has no tiny piece of crud in it and the card installs correctly. Cheers, Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI