This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New Video Card

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, a few weeks ago my computer made this really loud really long beep. I had no idea what it was so I just shut it off and turned it back on again and went back to what i was doing. I came back a few hours later and the screen was black, I think it was just the screen saver but nope, there was just no video. I then figured that my old video card, an nvidia e-geforce 7600 gt video card had 6/10 blown capacitors and assumed that was the reason so I bought an asus eah 5670 1gb gddr5 video card. It worked… kinda. When I turned on my computer, first it takes about 15-20 seconds before it actually starts to boot, which it had never done before. Next when I load up anything but the safe mode, it starts to load up and then crashes giving me a blue screen with "0x000000fc (0xb083ac40, 0x43f20963, 0xb083ab7, 0x00000001). So I researched and found I needed to delete the old drivers before installing the new ones but I couldn't delete them prior because I couldn't see my screen with my old video card. So I deleted the old drivers and when I try to install the new drivers it gives me a runtime error 1607 and cancels the installation. I downloaded and installed driver sweeper because I heard that maybe there was some leftover drivers and used it, I deleted both the old drivers and new drivers and then tried to reinstall the new drivers and still get the same message. Also, when I try to go into add/romove programs and try to delete the new softward I get a rundll error loading c:\windows\system32\atiiiexx.dll message. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck.
I would try to uninstall all the drivers again, but before installing the new, reboot. Windows let you install new, but see if you can skip that so it boots to Windows defaults. Then install the new drivers and reboot again.
I've tried that. When I try to uninstall the ATI drivers it gives me an rundll error message saying error loading c:\windows\system32\atiiiexx.dll. So I can't even delete it and when I run driver sweeper, it won't let me clean the ati driver

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI