Software
Java installer cannot proceed with current internet connections
1 min read
annea1
Topic Starter
I have XP and up until a couple of days ago, Java was running with no problem. When I tried to access a web page that uses java, I couldn't connect. I de-installed older versions of Java and attempted to install Java 7 but I continually get this message:
The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connections. It gives me a link to their download faq which has been of no help. I'm obviously fine with web connections so to which ones does this message refer? Eh? Skype isn't working either, so maybe that's part of it.
Thank
Doug
Solution provided by Java.com
There are two possible reasons why you are experiencing this error:
• Currently, the online installation program does not support authenticated proxy. If you are behind an authenticated proxy server, you will get this error message.
• You will get this error if you require a proxy server and the proxy server information has not been specified in your browser.
——————————————————————————–
SOLUTION
There are two solutions to resolve this issue. 1.You can use Windows Offline installation
2.Specify the proxy server information in your browser.
annea1
Thank you.
I'm working with a wireless connection, so I don't think the proxy option is applicable here. Or is it?
Doug
wired vs. wireless only describes how signal is transmitted from the router to your local machine(s).
It is possible to use the IP address assigned by your service provider, or to address the internet connect through a proxy server address, whether you locally use wired or wireless networking.
If you are intentionally using a proxy, that's fine.
Just make sure it is correctly addressed.
If you are not intentionally using a proxy, then be sure that your browser internet connection is set to "Automatically detect settings".
annea1
thank you!! I'll give it a try.
Anne
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI