My daughters laptop is freezing immediately after showing the windows desktop. I can boot in safemode and am working there now. I tried restoring the computer to a date prior to the problem; but, that hasn't helped.
It is a Toshiba computer using Windows 7 operating system.
I'm not sure where to go next.
I've uploaded the startup list from Hijack this; but, am unable to attach the hijack this log.
Please click on Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart. IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results
Did as you said and now have all the boxes checked (all programs loading) and everything is working fine. I do see some files that we probably don't need though so I'll turn them off.
Thanks
Can you by chance get a screenshot of the startups before making any changes so I can make sure it is not needed?
To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
I suppose..except I couldn't..i'd have to pay someone to do it for me. And with labour plus parts..plus the fact that it will probably be obsolete in another year anyway. I'll think about it though, thank you.
Why would you have to pay someone to do a screenshot?
If you are in Windows just reopen the startup in msconfig and then do the screenshot. all I really need to see is the ones that are still checked. jimmyhelu I'm not sure if you are the same person but I'm confused to what your post is for.